|Released||November 10, 2009|
|Recorded|| Spot X Studio|
|Label|| lowercase people records|
|Produced by||Mike Elizondo, Switchfoot|
|Previous album||Oh! Gravity.|
|Next album||Vice Verses|
Hello Hurricane is Switchfoot's seventh studio album and was released November 10th, 2009.
- "Needle and Haystack Life"
- "Mess of Me"
- "Your Love Is a Song"
- "The Sound (John M. Perkins Blues)"
- "Eough to Let Me Go"
- "Hello Hurricane"
- "Bullet Soul"
- "Sing It Out"
- "Red Eyes"
- Mess Of Me (Acoustic) (Deluxe Edition track)
- Always (Alternate Piano Version) (Deluxe Edition track)
- Stitches (Originally from "Eastern Hymns" EP) (Deluxe Edition track)
Hello Hurricane album preview quotes
- Originally from the Switchfoot website.
- Day 1 - Needle and Haystack Life
- "There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle" - Einstein
- Day 2 - Mess of Me
- "He not busy being born is busy dying." - Bob Dylan
- Day 3 - Your Love Is A Song
- "I would believe only in a God that knows how to Dance." - Friedrich Nietzsche
- Day 4 - The Sound (John M. Perkins' Blues)
- "You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." - Anne Lamott
- Day 5 - Enough To Let Me Go
- "Where love rules, there is no will to power; and where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other." - Carl Jung
- Day 6 - Free
- "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." - Soren Kierkegaard
- Day 7 - Hello Hurricane
- "The capitalist culture of consumption... does not provide meaningful sustenance for large numbers of people." - Cornel West
- Day 8 - Always
- "Everything alive must die, Every building built to the sky will fall, Don't try to tell me my everlasting love is a lie" - Jeff Tweedy
- Day 9 - Bullet Soul
- "Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion." - Jack Kerouac
- Day 10 - Yet
- "To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken." - C.S. Lewis
- Day 11 - Sing It Out
- "there's a bluebird in my heart that wants to get out but I'm too clever I only let him out at night sometimes when everybody's asleep" -...
- Day 12 - Red Eyes
- "Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough...The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread." - Mother...
- "The Sound (John M. Perkins Blues)" is a song that briefly references John M. Perkins, an American civil rights activist, in the lyric "John Perkins said it right/Love is the final fight."
- "Red Eyes" was considered for inclusion in Switchfoot's previous studio album, Oh! Gravity.
- The album cover art and packaging was designed by photographer Andy Barron, who frequently photographs Switchfoot and tours with the band. The photo was taken in Atlantic City, NJ.
|The Legend of Chin • New Way to Be Human • Learning to Breathe • The Beautiful Letdown • Nothing Is Sound • Oh! Gravity. • Hello Hurricane • Vice Verses • Fading West • Where the Light Shines Through|
|The Early Years: 1997-2000 • The Best Yet|
|Switchfootage 1 and 2 • Live in San Diego • The Beautiful Letdown (Dual Disc) • Feet Don't Fail Me Now • Nothing Is Sound (Dual Disc) • Live at the Ventura Theatre • The Best Yet - Live • Fading West|